How many people get to live their dreams? I am..........!

This is my story from the time when Capt'n John and I first decided to sail around the big block, to circumnavigate this great land of ours, AUSTRALIA.


Tuesday 26 June 2012

Blowing a Gale in Cid Harbour


Tuesday 26th June 2012
Blowing a Gale in Cid Harbour
Raining in Cid Harbour
Last night was a pussy cat compared to the two previous nights sitting on anchor in Cid Harbour with gale force winds hammering AR. The winds were anything between 27-34knts or even more at times through the night with some of the bullets so hard that I thought that the bridal was going to pull out of its point in the hulls and I was not getting out of my warm safe bed to check the gauge. Very unnerving to say the least! Our good ol’ Rocna anchor held fast in 5.5mts of water with 25mts of chain out plus the bridal; always like to put out a 5:1 ratio of rode and in shallow water with strong winds we usually put out 7:1 for the sheer weight to help hold us at anchor. We are in good holding in Cid Harbour with a sand/mud bottom.
Done in the doona
 MrJ did get up on several occasions and that was good enough for me as I buried myself deeper down into the doona. If it wasn’t the wind hammering us it was the rain pelting down! It has been raining constantly for the past two days, from a light drizzly to a full on downpour, drenching everything and nothing getting dry in the cockpit.



The inside of AR now has that moist clammy feeling and it will be good to be able to open some hatchs to air the place out.
The plants get a water while the genny has her rain hut


The sky is clearing

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Nancy - I just discovered you when you commented on one of my photos on FLickr - and now I am your latest follower of your travels around Australia - following your dream. Wow - sensational! I really am looking forward to following you "around the block" (love that) and keeping track of your travels. Have fun and enjoy the ride. And congrats on following your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you along - hope the trip will be good!

    ReplyDelete