How many people get to live their dreams? I am..........!

This is my story from the time when Capt'n John and I first decided to sail around the big block, to circumnavigate this great land of ours, AUSTRALIA.


Saturday 28 April 2012

Garrys Anchorage, Fraser Island, Great Sandy Straits

27th April 2012
Sitting out bad weather in Garry’s Anchorage
25’37.544 E 152’58.446 S
Very overcast with a cold chill in the SW wind – just starting to rain.
John managed to fix the problem with the STB gearbox; something to do with a broken pin for which he was able to temporarily replace with one of my hair pins – how funny. ;o))))
Now we are able to move on; sail (genoa sailing) a little further up the Sandy Straits to Garry’s Anchorage.
I can’t believe how cold the weather has turned and with no sunshine to warm the air it makes for a very miserable day. Thank goodness for the new winter woollies and the woollen doona that is now on our bed.
We settle in for the evening and the rain stops just long enough for me to get this sunset shot

No comments:

Post a Comment